Hyperlink an image

Posted by leonod 
Hyperlink an image
May 25, 2011 06:11PM
I need to be able to add a hyperlink to images in the slideshow that go to a particular web page. How would I do this? This would be a showstopper for me on using this component if this functionality is not available in the JavaScript version.
Re: Hyperlink an image
May 30, 2011 07:53AM
leonod,

I am really sorry to say that but the option you are looking for does not exists in SlideshowBox and we do not have any intentions to add it. All Slideshowbox templates were designed to execute navigation actions when the user interacts with the images that's why we can not add a hyperlink option too.
That option would probably match better with a banner rotator tool. We have plans to create such a component and I am sure the hyperlink option won't miss from its features.
May 30, 2011 02:34PM
Too bad. Other JQuery Slideshows out there do support this feature. Just surprised that this feature wasn't considered to be important.

Thank you for the response.
May 31, 2011 10:50AM
leonod,

I think you misunderstood me. We strongly believe that a slideshow component which is already designed to navigate trough images when user click on them should not support hiperlinks. Just imagine the following scenario where a user clicks on a image to navigate to the next or previews image is also sent to another link.
September 16, 2011 06:08AM
I will also like to have hyperlinks. Right now, the whole viewport is clickable for navigation but you could use the description for the hyperlink.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login