Can't get Auto Detect working in multiple browers
April 16, 2012 10:57PM
I want to use the Auto-detect version of the SimpleFadeThumbview slideshow. I have set up a blank test page here with all 4 versions:
[photos.atenndesign.com]

Auto-detect only works in Safari/Apple devices, while Javascript is the only one that works on a PC in Chrome, Firefox, and IE. I have both Flash and Javascript enabled/updated on my PC, so if I understand correctly, all should work on the PC, while only Auto-detect and JS should work on Apple devices, correct?

I would like to use Auto-detect only so it will work across the board - what is the problem?
Re: Can't get Auto Detect working in multiple browers
April 18, 2012 02:55PM
The problem is that you didn't set the path for the js and swf file correctly.
See this [screencast.com]
Now the gallery is trying to load the files from here:
[photos.atenndesign.com]
and
[photos.atenndesign.com];
but as you can see the two files are not there.
You can either the two files there or you can set the correct path if the files are somewhere else on your server.
September 23, 2012 07:27PM
Thanks - I changed the paths accordingly, so they should lead to the proper locations (e.g. images/SimpleFadeThumbView.js etc); however, it didn't seem to do anything - still only Autodetect works in Safari/Apple devices, and only Javascript works on PC/all other browsers. I'm confused as I thought Safari was the one that was supposed to default to JS, so why would JS not work in addition to Autodetect?
I just need one to work across the board and I'll be happy :)
[atenndesign.com]
September 25, 2012 11:26AM
The first problem is that you are receiving an error on your testing page. See [screencast.com]

Your gallery is on atenndesign.com and you are trying to get the images from photos.atenndesign.com
You will need to use a crossdomain xml and grant access to your main domain to access the subdomain. You can also add the images on your main domain and change their paths in the source xml.
This way all the flash versions will work.

Error:
SecurityError: Error #2123: Security sandbox violation: BitmapData.draw: [atenndesign.com] cannot access [photos.atenndesign.com]. No policy files granted access.
at flash.display::BitmapData/draw()
at com.jumpeye.slideshowBox.core::BaseImage/hThumbLoadComplete()
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login