okay...just complete noob here...

Posted by user1210451 
okay...just complete noob here...
April 05, 2012 06:02PM
I'm hoping someone can help me with what I also hope is a simple query.

I use CoffeeCup for my website stuff. I know ZERO about coding. I bought this because CoffeeCup only offers a flash based photo album and I wanted something that could be viewed on an idevice, etc.

So inside CoffeeCup there's an HTML tool. You basically click the box, paste your code, and that's it.

So using Slideshow I populated a javascript code using a Picasa RSS feed, copied the code, pasted it in the HTML box over in CoffeeCup -- and nothing. It turns the HTML box into the appropriate size, but that's it.

Do I need to download something onto my actual *server* for this to work? Do I need to add some additional coding to the Javascript?

If I need to download something onto my server, could you please tell me what I need to download and where I need to put it on my server? If there's any additional code that I need to install, that would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm sure this is a complete noob question, but it's where I'm at.
Re: okay...just complete noob here...
April 05, 2012 07:48PM
I spoke with CoffeeCup and they're saying there's a problem with the code. They said that I should be able to paste it into the HTML box and it should work.

Please advise on this.

Thanks
April 05, 2012 07:59PM
This is from the FAQ page.

"How to embed the SlideshowBox albums into your HTML page
1. Open the SlideshowBox online configuration panel (http://www.slideshowbox.com/online-panel.html) and select the template you wish.
2. Setup the chosen template either by selecting one of the existing presets or by directly editing the template properties when pressing on the Edit settings button.
3. Press the Get embed code button to bring up the Embed code window.
4. Set the path/URL to your XML file, the embed size of the SlideshowBox album and the type of embed code you would like to use.
5. Press the Copy code button to copy the embed code into the Clipboard and from there
you can paste it into your own HTML file.
Note: When pasting the embed codes into an HTML file for testing purposes you should have at least the DocType and main HTML tags (<html> and <body>) specified in that HTML file so that the JavaScript code works correctly. Otherwise the albums will not work correctly, especially on Internet Explorer.
Each SlideshowBox template folder contains a sample.xml file with a list of images to test the sample albums. Once you open any sample.html file, the albums should work without problems."

I don't know what the BOLD print means. I'm not actually writing/changing any code at all. That was the whole reason for purchasing this product. I just want to be able to populate the code and drop it into the HTML box.

There must be some step I'm missing. Do I need to upload something? Write some additional code?

Thanks
April 05, 2012 08:03PM
Here's a link to the website --

You can right-click "inspect element" to see the code.

Evil Means
April 05, 2012 10:27PM
Anywhere anyone have any idea of how to help with this?

Would really appreciate it.
April 05, 2012 11:00PM
Is there literally like one person who runs this entire company?

I think I'm going to need a refund on this product. My support tickets aren't being answered. Nothing's being answered here. This is supposed to be simple and easy to use, and it's obviously not.
April 06, 2012 01:08PM
We did reply through the ticket system.
Here is what I said:

There is no coding needing Brian.

The problem is that you didn't use correctly the feed.
Anyway, try again to add the embed code exactly as you are receiving it from the online panel.
Also you needed to set the rss feed for your album and not the direct link.
The rss feed for your album is:
[picasaweb.google.com]

Let me know if something is unclear or if you need further assistance.
April 06, 2012 06:26PM
Emailed you the link again. You must have been looking at it when I was tooling around. I won't touch it until I hear back from you either here or via email so that you can inspect and tell me what it is I'm doing wrong.

Thank you.
April 06, 2012 06:53PM
Also tried to use the sample version of this product on Wordpress and received the following message. I previously uploaded all of the contents of the appropriate Javascript template onto the website:

The requested URL /FrameSlide/Embed_JavaScript/sample.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the req
April 09, 2012 01:35PM
@user1210451 : I've just answered your question in the following topic - [www.slideshowbox.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login