How to embed Slideshowbox into Wordpress

Posted by alexpopovici 
How to embed Slideshowbox into Wordpress
March 12, 2012 09:19AM
Hello,
I'm going to explain you below step by step how to embed Slideshowbox into a wordpress blog .

1.Download the slideshow package, you can get it from here - [www.jumpeyecomponents.com] .
2.Unzip the package, browse the folder 'HTML embed' and choose a template from the folder 'Templates' .
3.Upload the desired template to your own server with FileZilla or any FTP client .
4.Login into your wordpress administration panel .
5.Go to 'Posts' -> 'Add new' -> Select the 'HTML' container, afterwards you have to initiate the template html file through an
iframe code, let's say we use the javascript version of the slideshow with the 'FrameSlide' template, see the example below:

<iframe src="FrameSlide/Embed_JavaScript/sample.html" width="1200" height="600"></iframe> where the width and height size is customizable, you can set the size you prefer .
6.Click on 'Publish' button .

If you encounter any issues please reply here and I'll try to help you solving your problem .

Regards,
Alex
Re: How to embed Slideshowbox into Wordpress
April 05, 2012 05:55PM
Hello --

It doesn't say where we should upload the template onto our server. Is there a special folder or anything?
April 05, 2012 11:31PM
Is there any way you can be more specific with this? You didn't write anything in bold in your iFrame description, so I've no idea where I'm supposed to embed the Javascript. And also, you have "sample.html" written. What is that supposed to be replaced with?

Please advise,
April 06, 2012 06:52PM
Here's what I get when I follow the instructions:

The requested URL /FrameSlide/Embed_JavaScript/sample.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the req
April 09, 2012 01:31PM
Hello,
Apologies for my delayed answer,
There is no rule for where you should upload the template on your server, but depending on where you upload it you must write the correct path into your iframe code. The 'sample.html' file is the file where you should configure your slider, any template contains a sample html file('sample.html') where the slider is configured and intialized , you can let it so or rename it but you must write the correct file name in the iframe code. Hope my info helped you solving your problem, if you're still having troubles please let me know and I'll try to help you.

Sincerely,
Alex

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2012 01:37PM by alexpopovici.
April 09, 2012 03:29PM
Okay, so here's where I show just all of my Noobness, but hopefully it will help me and other SUPREME noobs who might also have my same issue after purchasing this product. lol

So I purchased the program. I'm given a set of folders and website IDs. I go to the Online Panel, I choose my template (let's say, SimpleFade), I type in my ID code for the website, then paste the RSS feed to my album (where it once said source.xml), and then I choose Javascript, and then I copy code.

I then add the contents of the Javascript Simplefade folder to the the site's ROOT FOLDER via FTP.

What I am uploading within that folder, is exactly what was in the folder when I purchased it. I didn't change anything. So, for instance, although I have my RSS feed now linked, the SOURCE.XML that I'm uploading looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <SlideshowBox>
- <items>
- <item>
<thumbnailPath>../../../Sample/images/image01.jpg</thumbnailPath>
<largeImagePath>../../../Sample/images/image01.jpg</largeImagePath>
<fullScreenImagePath>../../../Sample/images/image01.jpg</fullScreenImagePath>
- <title>
- <![CDATA[ Image 1
]]>
</title>
- <description>
- <![CDATA[ Description for image 1
]]>
</description>
</item>
- <item>
<thumbnailPath>../../../Sample/images/image02.jpg</thumbnailPath>
<largeImagePath>../../../Sample/images/image02.jpg</largeImagePath>
<fullScreenImagePath>../../../Sample/images/image02.jpg</fullScreenImagePath>
- <title>
- <![CDATA[ Image 2
]]>
</title>
- <description>
- <![CDATA[ Description for image 2
]]>
</description>
</item>
- <item>
<thumbnailPath>../../../Sample/images/image03.jpg</thumbnailPath>
<largeImagePath>../../../Sample/images/image03.jpg</largeImagePath>
<fullScreenImagePath>../../../Sample/images/image03.jpg</fullScreenImagePath>
- <title>
- <![CDATA[ Image 3
]]>
</title>
- <description>
- <![CDATA[ Description for image 3
]]>
</description>
</item>
- <item>
<thumbnailPath>../../../Sample/images/image04.jpg</thumbnailPath>
<largeImagePath>../../../Sample/images/image04.jpg</largeImagePath>
<fullScreenImagePath>../../../Sample/images/image04.jpg</fullScreenImagePath>
- <title>
- <![CDATA[ Image 4
]]>
</title>
- <description>
- <![CDATA[ Description for image 4
]]>
</description>
</item>
- <item>
<thumbnailPath>../../../Sample/images/image05.jpg</thumbnailPath>
<largeImagePath>../../../Sample/images/image05.jpg</largeImagePath>
<fullScreenImagePath>../../../Sample/images/image05.jpg</fullScreenImagePath>
- <title>
- <![CDATA[ Image 5
]]>
</title>
- <description>
- <![CDATA[ Description for image 5
]]>
</description>
</item>
</items>
</SlideshowBox>

Because that's what was in the folder originally.

The HTML file is here:

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner.GTWY-8473B0ECC6/Desktop/SimpleFade/Embed_JavaScript/sample.html

Because that's what was in the original folder.

I *believe* that in order to have this work, I need to actually do something more than just empty the contents of the original folder into my site's Root Folder and paste the accompanying Javascript somewhere. My gut feeling is that I need to use the Javascript provided to CREATE something somewhere, like in some kind of software like Dreamweaver or something.

All I've ever used is Wordpress and CoffeeCup. I've never in my life created an HTML document where you'd paste Javascript, etc. I originally thought when I bought this that I would be able to simply copy the Javascript code and drop it into my CoffeeCup HTML box and it would work. After I couldn't get it to work I decided to try iFrame in Wordpress as a secondary option, but still nothing.

Basically, I literally have NO IDEA what to do with this Javascript once I have it. If I drop it into CoffeeCup's HTML box, it creates the appropriate tags, but apparently it's not actually *finding* anything because (I'm assuming) I have to use the Javascript to create something so that the HTML tags can reference it.

You can see in this instance where I've attempted to take the Javascript code and simply drop it into an HTML box with the original untouched folder files uploaded. The javascript is THERE, but it's not DOING anything.

So that's where I'm at in this process. lol

www.previouslyemployed.com
April 23, 2012 12:15PM
Hello,
You have to initialize the .html file from your Javascript SimpleFade folder (which is uploaded on your server via FTP) through this iframe code:

<iframe src="SimpleFade/sample.html" width="1200" height="600"></iframe> ( replace SimpleFade/sample.html with the correct path, where the .html was uploaded on your server, also the width and height are customizable as you preffer )

Let me know if everything works on your side too.

Regards,
Alex

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2012 07:08AM by alexpopovici.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login