Question about Audio

Posted by user1135151 
Question about Audio
February 12, 2012 07:44PM
Hello,
My question is; do I have to save my own audio icon on & off (like a speaker) in my folder or not?
Also the audio file, for example music.mp3 do I need the extension mp3?
I cannot get the music playing.
Thank you for your help
Re: Question about Audio
February 13, 2012 02:07PM
You don't need to save it unless you want to replace the current icon that is set as default.
Yes the file needs to have the extension set. However Firefox for example needs an ogg alternative for java script version. You need to add the ogg file as well.
February 15, 2012 09:21PM
Thank you, but that doesn't work.
I use Dreamviewer for my sites, I have the sound & the icon on the Preview Mode, but when I use Explorer or Firefox to preview, no sound, no icon. The links to both, .mp3 and .ogg are fine since it play in preview.
Don't know what else to do?
February 16, 2012 07:58AM
Could you please give me the link, from where you added the gallery, as well so that I can take a closer look?
February 17, 2012 08:07PM
Ok, I did this test page to try:
[www.usa-swiss.com]
No music, it play in preview on Dreamviewer but not on the web?
Let me know, I have to find out.
Thank you
February 17, 2012 08:23PM
Ok, I was using Chrome, It look like it's not working on Chrome?
It work on IX & Firefox
February 17, 2012 08:25PM
This is really strange, I didn't touch anything and now it seems to work with the 3 browsers.
Everything is the same as before and it was not working.
Sorry about that.
February 17, 2012 08:35PM
There is a problem with IE 9.0, it work sometimes, sometimes not.
February 18, 2012 03:37PM
Could you explain to me why IE 9 is working with your sample page and not on my test page with the link above here?
On your sample page also I cannot turn off the music with IE 9.
Thank you for your help.
February 20, 2012 12:17PM
Are you using the last version of the component? Try to download again the package and replace the files that you have with the ones from the last package. If you will do that it should work. If still doesn't, please let me know.
February 28, 2012 10:04PM
Thank you, where do I download the last package?
February 29, 2012 08:57AM
From our website of course. [www.slideshowbox.com]
If you are a premium user you can also download the package after you will login from your account->my downloads.
February 29, 2012 10:30PM
I did download and upload the last version of the component. But it still doesn't work with IE 9.0 and I don't see the speaker icon on it.
No problem with Firefox or Chrome, work well.
[www.usa-swiss.com]
March 02, 2012 03:27PM
Today I'm working with Windows 8 Consumer Preview and Internet Explorer 10, it is working on IE 10, do you have any idea why it's not working with my IE 9.0?
March 05, 2012 03:24PM
Hello,
You've forgot to include the doctype into your html file, you can include this line at the beginning :
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "[www.w3.org];
Please make sure that your browser is not setted to 'Quirks mode' , press 'F12' and set it to 'Internet Explorer 9 standards' ( see this screenshot - [screencast.com] ).
Now everything should work fine as I've double checked and it worked to me. Let me know if everything works on your side.

Regards,
Alex

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2012 03:30PM by alexpopovici.
March 06, 2012 09:59PM
This is crazy, I did all that, the music is playing now on IE 9, but then on IE 9 I cannot stop the playing by clicking the little speaker!

Work everywhere else.
What is wrong?
March 07, 2012 07:52AM
Hello,
You are right, this is a bug and my colleagues already identified and fixed it. We're really sorry for any created inconvenience, this fix will be available with the next update which will be released soon.

Regards,
Alex

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2012 07:53AM by alexpopovici.
March 15, 2012 09:07PM
Hello,
When will the update be release?
Thanks
March 19, 2012 09:59PM
I would like to know when the update fixing the bug will be coming, I need a working version.
Thank you.
March 22, 2012 08:21PM
Nobody can answer?
March 23, 2012 01:49PM
The package will most likely updated in approximately 15 or 20 days.
April 12, 2012 06:27PM
Hello,
Do you have the Updated version by now?
Thank you for your help
April 18, 2012 03:15PM
Yes, the package was updated. Just re-download it and replace the old files with the new ones and everything should be ok.
June 08, 2012 10:31PM
I just downloaded the V2 free demo version to evaluate and I too am not getting audio to work in IE9. The audio icon does not even show up. I looked at the SimpleFade.js file that I am using and the date on it says Date: Nov 28, 2011. Is the free demo version not updated with the latest version? If not where can I get the latest version to check out audio on IE9?

Thanks.
June 11, 2012 07:07AM
Hello,
Could you please provide me a direct link to your slideshow so that I can check it? Thank you!

Sincerely,
Alex
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login