Upload images by FTP and be auto-displayed?

Posted by user1121901 
Upload images by FTP and be auto-displayed?
January 31, 2012 04:55PM
Hey :)

I'm really considering buying this, however I was wondering if you could help me with one thing:

Is there the possibility that the source.xml could be modified so that all the images in the folder were detected automatically?
What I'm trying to do it upload the images via FTP to the folder, and then refresh the slideshow and make them appear automatically.

Many Thanks!
Re: Upload images by FTP and be auto-displayed?
February 02, 2012 10:01AM
Hello,
Unfortunately this cannot be done, you have to edit the source.xml file everytime you upload an image.

Regards,
Alex
July 17, 2012 01:05PM
A question regarding more or less the same topics: what about the source.xml and the browser cache?!
I mean: even if you edit the source.xml file and upload to the webserver, are we sure that the last right version will be used on the client side even without a browser cache cleaning?

Regards,
Lorenzo
July 19, 2012 07:12AM
Hi Lorenzo,
The cache needs to be cleared each time you are changing a file on your server. This is a general thing and does not apply only to SlideShowBox in particular.
July 19, 2012 07:26AM
Yeah, that's true.... but there are trip as cache busting that let to perform the requirement...
I tried to implement a cache busting for source.xml assigning a "version" (source.xml?ver="1") but it does not work: depending on how I write the parameter, or the plugin does not appear or it appears and a file called source.xml?ver= is cached, losing the version and so the cache busting.
I don't think it's only my problem... why not implement a cache busting at SlideShowBox level? for instance introducing a new param called "version".
July 19, 2012 08:17AM
In that case you can also generate the xml with php and generate a random number after the request(eg [www.mydomain.com]) and this way you will avoid the cache problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login