Applying new font

Posted by user857566 
Applying new font
August 29, 2011 08:51PM
Can someone help me and include for me the Google Web Font 'Oswald' in a new swf. I can't import the component in my Flash Version to make this... You can find the font here : [www.google.com]

Thanks
Re: Applying new font
August 30, 2011 08:25AM
Did you read Applying new fonts.pdf manual?
September 01, 2011 03:27PM
Yes, but I can't install the Flash component on my computer, I don't know why but it doesn't work... So I ask for help, if someone can do it for me, it would be nice :)
September 02, 2011 12:17PM
Could you please give me more details? How is that you can install the component? Did you try to instal the mxp component using the extension manager software associated with your flash cs?
September 03, 2011 02:27PM
Yes, the installation seems to be successful, but no component or panel appear in the Flash Programm... (Page 6 of the User Manual.pdf). So I can't use the SlideshowBox component in a new Flash project to include a font
September 03, 2011 04:52PM
Ok, it works now... I had to open the Extension Manager through the Flash Programm and not directly.

Now I would to create the exact same file like PolaroidVectorial.swf and include the specific font, if I use the Panel to edit the parameters I can't edit them afterwards when the swf is created. I would control them with this embed code:

<object id="PolaroidVectorial1299743017765" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="PolaroidVectorial.swf" width="800" height="600">
<param name="movie" value="PolaroidVectorial.swf" />
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#1C1C1C" />
<param name="wmode" value="window" />
<param name="flashvars" value="source=source.xml&domainKeys=&audioFile=&audioPlayerIcon=speaker&audioPlayerColor=0xFFFFFF&loopAudio=true&audioPlayMode=audioOff&autoSlideShow=true&slideShowSpeed=6&backgroundVisible=true&backgroundColor=0x1C1C1C&backgroundImage=&scaleBackground=true&autoHideControls=false&controlsHideSpeed=2&controlBarAlpha=1&controlBarPrimaryColor=0x333333&controlBarSecondaryColor=0xCCCCCC&navigationControls=true&slideShowControls=true&fullScreenButton=true&showImageInfos=true" />
</object>

How can I do this, or could you give me the respective AS3 code to make the PolaroidVectorial.swf from the SlideshowBox Component?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2011 11:01AM by user857566.
September 05, 2011 02:03PM
The swf is created by the flash cs program and not by some code.
In your flash file you need to drag the component on the stage and then to use the slideshowbox panel to set the font, template, source xml....etc After everything is set you need to press ctrl+enter and the swf file will be generated. Anyway for this new file you will need to use a different embed code and not the one from the template example folders.
September 05, 2011 03:33PM
I know, but when I use the panel to edit the parameters, they are fixed forever. It's not what I want... I want to edit these parameters with a embed code afterwards the swf is created. So how can I do this?

It must be possible because it works with the original given PolaroidVectorial.swf file
September 06, 2011 11:14AM
What version of slideshowbox are you using? I'm asking because the second version gives you access to all settings of a template.
September 06, 2011 04:03PM
The second one, I know that I can edit the settings through the Flash programm but if I compile and embed the resulting swf file I can't access to the parameters through the embed code... And that's what I need, to edit the parameters outside of Flash programm
September 07, 2011 11:24AM
In that case you need to use FlashVars in order to send the value from the embed code to the swf.
Read about flashVars here:
[kb2.adobe.com]
[blogs.adobe.com]
September 08, 2011 04:29PM
Ok thanks, I will try it...

But I have an other question... What's the name of the Album created by the SlideshowBox Panel? I want that the album always fit the stage with the following AS3 code but I don't know the name used by the component.

myAlbum.width = stage.stageWidth;
myAlbum.height = stage.stageHeight;

Can I access all parameters of the album like this?

myAlbum.slideShowSpeed=3;
myAlbum.source=source.xml;
myAlbum.showImageInfos=true;
myAlbum.fontSize=20;
September 08, 2011 06:44PM
Ok I solved the first question, now I only need to access the parameters throught AS3 to use FlashVars
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login