Why it wouldn't work for me right out of the box...

Posted by user853896 
Why it wouldn't work for me right out of the box...
July 29, 2011 02:50AM
so, I agree that supports should be better on a product that costs this much. But in the spirit of lighting candles rather than cursing darkness, here is my problem and solution.

I got the player to display but the images were not showing. I hate troubleshoot it quite a bit in narrow down the problem to the references in the xml. My problem was is that I was referencing the images to the XML document and not the display HTML page.

My XML looked like: <thumbnailPath>happy-wedding-flowers.jpg</thumbnailPath> with the XML file sitting right next to the images. this was broken.

I changed it so that was in the same directory ( sitting next to) the .html file that was displaying the slideshow. And, my XML looks like this: <thumbnailPath>images/home/happy-wedding-flowers.jpg</thumbnailPath>

Well -- I hope this gives someone a place to look if they get a black screen of death.

Many happy returns,
user853896
Re: Why it wouldn't work for me right out of the box...
July 29, 2011 03:30PM
Hi Newman, here is Florin. I assisted you trough the ticket system. To answer your question, no unfortunately is not possible to get the component to work just after you took it out of the box and that's because the user is the only one which knows how its project is structured.
However my recommendations for you and other user which encounters problems while setting the paths for their images would be to use absolute paths.

eg: [www.mysite.com]

Don't forget my advice and I am sure you will get rid of all that hassle you encounter when you set the paths.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login