image quality

Posted by user838606 
image quality
July 24, 2011 04:20PM
Trying out slideshowbox 2, image quailty is blurry. LoadOriginalImage is set to true. But my images are blury. All my pics are 300dpi and very sharp and clear. I've set up the SimpleThumbView as a test using both swf & swfObject, both ways images are blurry. Player is 795x520, thumbs no autohide, no audio, images are 676x450-landscape & 450x299-portrait.

I like the templates, clean & simple looking. Any one with an idea to correct this? Not going to buy subpar image quality player.
Re: image quality
July 25, 2011 02:29PM
Hi there, is it possible to provide us a link so we can see your slideshow in action? Thanks.
July 25, 2011 02:40PM
The amount of blurry is subtle on some images and noticeable on others, but all are not represented as developed.

Link to current gallery - Lightroom generated.
[www.grayareaphotography.com]

Link to test page with slideshow2 - top test swf, bottom test swfObject
[www.grayareaphotography.com]

thanks
July 26, 2011 03:20PM
any ideas?
July 30, 2011 08:47AM
Hi, sorry for this late reply. I have tested your links and you are right. Our technical team will take a closer look at this issue . Please allow me to write you back when I have their input. Thanks for your understanding.
July 30, 2011 01:26PM
Thanks for the follow up. Okay I'll will wait for your feedback.
August 01, 2011 01:41PM
Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately we identified a bug. It seems the smoothing is applied over the images even if they are loaded with LoadOriginalImages parameter checked. We are already working to fix this issue with the next update. Thank you for reporting this problem.
August 01, 2011 01:55PM
Well thats good you were able to find a bug. Curious, can you tell me when the problem will be fixed and the update available? I'm in the process of looking for, and buying, a slideshow player, but I need to get it up asap or sooner. I like slideshow box, but there are others I'm testing and looking at as well. Perhaps you could entice me to wait for your fix and update by offering me a deal for a 10 license.
August 02, 2011 11:28AM
Hi, I wish I could tell you exactly when that update will be available but I can not do that at this moment. We are working to add new features with the update and we are still working on them. Theoretically the update should be available in 3 weeks starting from today. Anyway please write me at florin[at]jumpeyecomponents[dot]com and I will make you an offer.

Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login