version 2.0 prices a total bummer!

Posted by user623731 
version 2.0 prices a total bummer!
May 25, 2011 03:57PM
I purchased v1 in February, unlimited domain use. Now I have to pay for the upgrade, and pay for each domain? I only used it once since February, so it turned out to be a huge waste of my money.

Looks like I will be looking elsewhere! There are other slideshows out there that don't have these high prices, whether you are upgrading or doing a first-time purchase!
Re: version 2.0 prices a total bummer!
May 25, 2011 04:24PM
I agree user623731, I am in the exactly same condition, I was waiting for the v2 and now jumpeye come with this, it is an insult to the current customers, when you buy software you are allways specting that the product will be improved and of course pay for the upgrade but NOT to change the pricing rules this way. I am not telling that I wasteed my money because the ssb 1 is a great product, but from now it is stucked because I am not planning to pay for a domain bassis, if my clientes need some new features I'll just look somewere else.
May 26, 2011 02:58PM
user623731 & hugoaf,

We appreciate your feedback a lot. Please note that the version you bought is still fully functional and it will be so without any limitation in time so you can use it like you did until now. When you bought the component we told you that free updates will be included (and there was a few) but we never promised free upgrades.
We understand your frustration and I can guarantee you that we had no intention to offense you with these changes. We've adopted per domains pricing model because we wanted to make the component more affordable and we already got positive feedback from this point of view.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2011 03:08PM by florodebat.
May 27, 2011 02:37PM
This is unacceptable. I want my money back. I will contacting you soon.
May 28, 2011 06:08PM
@billwebdesigner,

can you please let us know what exactly is not acceptable and for what you want to get a refund ? Have you bought the first version of Slideshowbox component or the second version? If you bought the first version you should know that nothing changed about it. You can use it as you made until now. Unfortunately I can not see the point if you already bought the second version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2011 06:09PM by florodebat.
May 30, 2011 05:26PM
florodebat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @billwebdesigner,
>
> can you please let us know what exactly is not
> acceptable and for what you want to get a refund ?
> Have you bought the first version of Slideshowbox
> component or the second version? If you bought
> the first version you should know that nothing
> changed about it. You can use it as you made until
> now. Unfortunately I can not see the point if you
> already bought the second version.

I would never buy the second version under your changed terms.
No software company does this. Does Microsoft ask us to to upgrade to the new version of Microsoft Office stating that the new version is only to be used a certain amount of times and not unlimited like before? If Microsoft did that, I would also tell them that this is unacceptable. Not just me, but many users will.

I think you are missing the point. The fact that you have unhappy customers should tell you that this policy will hurt your company and product in the long run. Why wouldn't you want to listen to your customers? Its only good business to do so.

As fas as I can tell, no one was complaining about your products before. If you want a loyal following, and you want people to buy from you, your recent change in policy needs to change. And I mean this is the most constructive and respectful way.
May 31, 2011 08:37AM
billwebdesigner,

We appreciate your feedback and understand your frustration. With all this we are aware that there will always exist a hand of users unsatisfied by some aspects even if we continuously try to make a better product.
We've changed the pricing model because we wanted to make the component more affordable. We've found from our statistics that most of the slideshowbox users and free lancers would prefer to pay less to get what they need for an ongoing project instead of paying in advance for and expensive product . The new pricing model already encountered a very positive feedback and we decided to move on with it.

We are so sorry to hear that you decided not to upgrade. However please note that the component you paid for, Slideshowbox1 is still working under the same terms and conditions since you bought it. It was not restricted on domains and also it will be available for use without any limitations in time, as we promised. When you bought the first version you paid for the features available at that moment. We never promised to Slideshowbox 1 users future free upgrades.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 10:51AM by florodebat.
June 15, 2011 03:50PM
I have to agree, I'm a little disappointed with the pricing structure you are now offering. As a web developer, your per domain pricing has turned me off of your product. It just isn't cost effective for my business.
June 20, 2011 10:11AM
Suzzan, I am so sorry to hear that your are disappointed with the new pricing structure. As I mentioned in my previous posts when we've made this changes we had in our minds a more affordable component and this is the main reason why we've entered per domain pricing model.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login