F.A.Q

Posted by kneo 
F.A.Q
July 04, 2011 02:05PM
How to embed the SlideshowBox albums into your HTML page
1. Open the SlideshowBox online configuration panel (http://www.slideshowbox.com/online-panel.html) and select the template you wish.
2. Setup the chosen template either by selecting one of the existing presets or by directly editing the template properties when pressing on the Edit settings button.
3. Press the Get embed code button to bring up the Embed code window.
4. Set the path/URL to your XML file, the embed size of the SlideshowBox album and the type of embed code you would like to use.
5. Press the Copy code button to copy the embed code into the Clipboard and from there
you can paste it into your own HTML file.
Note: When pasting the embed codes into an HTML file for testing purposes you should have at least the DocType and main HTML tags (<html> and <body>) specified in that HTML file so that the JavaScript code works correctly. Otherwise the albums will not work correctly, especially on Internet Explorer.
Each SlideshowBox template folder contains a sample.xml file with a list of images to test the sample albums. Once you open any sample.html file, the albums should work without problems.
The package also contains a "Sample" folder which can be used to test separately the sample HTML files provided or your own HTML files with this sample album.

Depending on which embed method you are using, you need to copy a few files to the Sample folder:
1. Embed_SWF: copy the sample.html (or your own HTML file) and the .swf file of the template you are using into the Sample folder and make sure that within the embed code the source property of the album is set to source.xml.
2. Embed_SWFObject: copy the sample.html (or your own HTML file), swfobject.js and the .swf file of the template you are using into the Sample folder and make sure that within the embed code the source property of the album is set to source.xml.
3. Embed_JavaScript: copy the sample.html (or your own HTML file) and the .js file of the template you are using into the Sample folder and make sure that within the embed code the source property of the album is set to source.xml.
4. Embed_Auto-detect: copy the sample.html (or your own HTML file), swfobject.js, blank.gif, load.gif, the .js and the .swf files of the template you are using into the Sample folder and make sure that within the embed code the source property of the album is set to source.xml.

Note: As mentioned at the beginning of the document, the embed code using SWFObject will not work with Google Chrome when tested locally.

Note: You can also set up the albums by modifying the values from the FlashVars parameter, directly in your HTML file where the SWF file is embedded. In this case, when changing color settings, please note that the values should be specified in hexadecimal notation with the "0x" characters as a prefix to the color values. For JavaScript albums, the colors are specified as hexadecimal values but with the "#" character as a prefex. However, we recomend using the SlideshowBox online panel to make any changes to the album settings and then simply copy and paste the new embed code into your HTML file.
Here [www.screenr.com] is a short video capture on how to embed a js gallery.

Q:Many users have problems setting their domain's name and getting the right domain key for it.
Here you have some information and the steps you need to follow in order to do it right:

- First login to your jumpeyecomponents account and go to my slideshowbox domains.

- Write your domain's name and click on set domain.
Note: Double check the domain name. Once set won't be editable later.
Note: the domain's name is case sensitive.
Note: The name of the domain can't be finished with slash "/" eg example.com is the right form while example.com/ is incorrect and it won't work.
Note: The domain's name can't contain the "["]; protocol
Note: Currently the component doesn't work on subdomains just by setting the main domain, therefore you will need to set directly the subdomain's name.
eg gallery.example.com

- Click on Get Domain Key and copy the domain key from the opened popup.
- Go to slideshowbox's online panel page and paste in the domain key section the domain key
or
if you already have the embed code just go to your html page and in the gallery's embed code paste the domain key as the value for the domain key parameter. Here is a short video [screenr.com]

IMPORTANT: BELOW IS THE LINK FROM A SHORT VIDEO CAPTURE WITH THE STEPS EXPLAINED ABOVE.
[screenr.com]

Q:I'm wondering if a slideshowbox gallery will work without watermark locally on my computer?
No, there is no way a slideshowbox gallery to work without watermark locally.
The watermark will be only removed after you add it on the domain for which you set the domain key in the gallery.

Q:If jumpeyecomponents servers will be for some reason down, will my galleries have a watermark and continue running?
The answer is yes, the galleries will continue running and the watermark won't be applied. The process and functionality that checks the domain key for your gallery is made at your end and not on our servers. So, even if our servers are down, once the domain name is set, the gallery will continue functioning without a watermark.

Q:Will I be able to use special characters in my gallery?
Yes, now we implemented in the component the posibility to set your own font which can contain the characters that you need.

Q:I'm trying to make a slideshowbox js gallery to go in full screen in iFrame, but it doesn't work.
Going in full screen if you are using iFrame defeat the whole purpose of using iFrame. So, no a js gallery won't be able to go in full screen if you are using iFrame.

Q:I don't want thumbnails for one of my galleries, what can I do regarding this?
You can't do anything. The templates are created under a set of specifications and some things are not customizable. One of this things is that you don't have the possibility to choose if you have or not thumbnails.

Q:Can I load swf or video files instead of images in SlideShowBox 2?
Unfortunately no, you cannot load video files or flash files.

Q:Why the audio option doesn't work in IE9 for slidehowbox html galleries?
Audio will work only in HTML5 compatible browsers.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2011 08:29AM by kneo.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.