If your servers are down, does my slideshow fail?

Posted by user792151 
If your servers are down, does my slideshow fail?
June 15, 2011 09:57PM
Hi,
I’ve bought a 5-site license and am using it now. Before I commit to setting up more sites using SlideshowBox, I’d like to know more about the functionality of the slideshow if JumpeyeComponents were to stop running their webservers, which apparently would negate the domain key verification.

That is to say, is the functioning of the slideshow tied directly to the availability of JumpeyeCompents.com’s servers?
Re: If your servers are down, does my slideshow fail?
June 16, 2011 11:52AM
I'm sorry but I'm not allowed to give you any information on how the domain key works, but I do however can tell you that your galleries will continue to work even if our servers will be for some reason down.
June 16, 2011 09:58PM
I'm very concerned that the domain key function is a fail point; in some years, businesses on your end could change and servers be taken off line, and then slideshows that worked for years stop working!

What assurance do I have that these slideshows won't ever fail, if they require some external website verification that I have no control over?
June 20, 2011 12:43PM
As, I said your galleries will continue to work even if our servers will be for some reason down or changed in time. The verification is made on your site and not on ours.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login