Optimization???

Posted by user418461 
Optimization???
June 10, 2011 07:07AM
What about optimization of the slideshow??

Say I have 500 images (considering 2mb each, it's total 1 GB of images), and as we need to make an xml file of images, it will load all images at once afaik. Any provision for that, like paging or something like that...?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Re: Optimization???
June 10, 2011 11:53AM
The component contains a loading manager, which means that the images won't be load all at once. Depending on the template there will be an order in which each image will be loaded.
June 11, 2011 04:20AM
Thanks kneo. I am using SlideshowBox v1.0.3, Loading manager is available in that as well?
June 15, 2011 12:20PM
Yes, a loading manager was implemented for each slideshowbox 1.0 gallery.
June 16, 2011 09:13AM
Ok Thanks Kneo. But it's taking much time to load the slideshow... I am not sure why it's like that. I am using Javascript slideshow, Is that the reason for slow slideshow?
June 16, 2011 11:47AM
No, that's not the reason. Perhaps you are using large images for the thumb section, thing that might slow the loading.
June 17, 2011 11:05AM
I see, I am using same 800 by 600 image for all thumb, large, medium images. Although I will check it the same. Thanks kneo.
June 17, 2011 12:02PM
Thanks kneo, It seems be working the way you said, I am now using 25 by 25 version of my big image for thumbnail images. Overall loading time is significantly reduced now.
June 20, 2011 12:39PM
I'm glad to hear that.
August 12, 2011 09:16AM
Hello Kneo,

Can you please let me know, if paging is available in this component? Say I have 1000 images, is there any way I could prevent xml file containing all these 1000 entries at once? Since XML file size will increase as we increase as the number of images for slideshow.

I think paging would be the best solution for this? Please suggest any better solution for this, if you think there is anything we could improve on.

Thanks in Advance.
August 16, 2011 01:09PM
The images won't be loaded simultaneously(for some templates the paging system is already implemented), so you shouldn't have a problem with the number of images. The swf size will increase according with the number of images loaded at a specific moment. If you don't want some particular images to be loaded just don't load them. You can't just set that only the images from a specific page to be loaded.
August 17, 2011 04:50AM
Ok Thanks Kneo, I am getting your point.

So there is no way to avoid generating that large xml file, if we would have large number of images, fine? Since I am just concerned with the size of xml file that needs to be created for the slideshow.
August 22, 2011 01:56PM
I think that the actual problem in a scenario with lots of images is the size of the swf and not the size of the xml.
August 24, 2011 05:44AM
Yes, that is for flash slideshow I guess. I am using javascript version of the slideshow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login