Use of special characters

Posted by jd007 
Use of special characters
June 30, 2010 09:02AM
I need to use for description or title characters like ěščřžýáíé. I think it is latin2.
If I put these letters to xml it does not appear in animation. Does exist any solution?
Thanks
Re: Use of special characters
July 01, 2010 08:25AM
This is the list with the special characters that can be used in the XML:
À Â Ä È É Ê Ë Î Ï Ô Œ Ù Û Ü Ÿ à â ä è é ê ë î ï ô œ ù û ü ÿ Ç ç « » € ? ? ? ? < > ? ? ± ? ÷ × ? ? ? ? ? ƒ ? ? ¹ ² ³ ? ? ? ? ? ? Î î  â / ? > . < , : ; ' " { } [ ] | \ + =_ - ) ( * & ^ % $ # @ ! ~ ` ":: ' ' ".

If you want to use other special characters there is a solution(it's not 100% a sure solution):
-add the font which contains those characters into the library (make sure that export for action script is checked). This solution worked for a previous similar request.

Adrian
July 02, 2010 05:32PM
Hi,
thank you for answer, but it does not work.
I would like to ask you:
- Which font add to library? For example Arial has all charcters... (which font is used for description)
- What class name?

Thanks Jan
July 05, 2010 10:41AM
As I said is not 100% sure that it will work. For some templates it works by doing that (I don't know on which ones worked but I receive information from clients that on some of them this can be a workaround). Anyway, try to add lucida sans unicode.
-"What class name?", I'm not sure what to answer to this question, can you be please more specific?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2010 11:32AM by florodebat.
November 06, 2010 02:23PM
well, is there no way to extend the list of supported characters?
As everything is in UTF-8, I need umlauts in UTF-8, the complete lists...
My problem: I need the name "Björn Lücker" in a description, and I only get "Bjrn Lücker".... that's stupid ;=)
November 08, 2010 09:03AM
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do at this moment to extend the list of usable characters.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login