Auto-detect Feature

Posted by billwebdesigner 
Auto-detect Feature
April 06, 2011 12:46AM
I read this on the blog and I wonder if someone can please clarify this for me.
Auto-detect

The embed code of the slideshows that have a JavaScript alternative can feature an “Auto-detect” code which displays the full JavaScript slideshow if Flash Player is not installed. This option is perfect for those who want to have their slideshows compatible with iPads and iPhones. One could view the Flash version on their Mac or PC because sometimes the animations are better in Flash, but when the same page is viewed on iPad or iPhone, the JS version is loaded.

The “Auto-detect” option will eliminate all the error messages or missing plug-in messages and I think this is something interesting for developers who want to target the Apple users.

Is this a feature for the FLASH version of SlideshowBox?

If I understand this correctly, if I create a photo gallery with the flash version of SlideshowBox, and someone doesn't have the flash plug-in, it will automatically play the javascript version instead?

Is this correct?

Cheers
Re: Auto-detect Feature
April 06, 2011 07:22AM
Yes, that's correct.
April 07, 2011 06:17AM
That's a wonderful feature!!! I am definitely recommending this product to others.

That leaves me with one more questions, I someone purchase the FLASH VERSION, why would they need to buy the HTML-JS version or even the "premium plus account" version? It seems that the flash version will handle earthing.
April 07, 2011 07:23AM
If you buy the flash version, you won't receive the js files, and so you won't be able to use the auto detect feature. Flash version will only work on devices which can handle flash player.
April 08, 2011 12:41AM
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login