Inserting JavaScript alternative for flash slideshows
March 27, 2011 08:05AM
I want to mix-n-match two different themed slideshows using auto-detect. I want to use the flash-only "WALL 3D" slideshow, but I require there to be a non-flash alternative for iphone users (and WALL 3D doesn't have an html version). Ideally, there would be an auto-detect that shows the html-based "Simple Thumbview" slideshow to non-flash users. That means an auto-detect code that makes use of two different themed slideshows. What code do I need to create this auto-detect?

BACKGROUND:
I know there are 11 slideshows that have HTML-JS versions and have the option for auto-detect so it will play the flash version by default and switch to HTML-JS if it can't play flash. But can I use one a flash-only slideshow and have an auto-detect script that plays a different HTML-JS slideshow if the user doesn't have flash?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 10:34PM by user451629.
Re: Inserting JavaScript alternative for flash slideshows
March 28, 2011 06:40AM
Did you try to see if is possible and if it works?
March 28, 2011 10:26PM
I'm trying to find out the code still that creates the auto-detect. So, I can't try it out yet.
March 29, 2011 09:05AM
Well, since this is a matter of html knowledge, I assumed you tried to do this before asking and you got stuck at some point.
eg:
<body>
	<div id="content">

<!-- Insert your embed code below -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
		<script type="text/javascript" src="SimpleFadeThumbview.js"></script>
		<script type="text/javascript">
			swfobject.registerObject("SimpleFadeThumbview1288358360546", "9.0.115", "", function(e) {
				if (e.success==false){
					var err;
					try{
						$("#SimpleFadeThumbview1288358360546").hide();
						$.slideshowBoxEmbedCanvas.init({
							appendToID:"SimpleFadeThumbviewJS1288358360546",
							source:"source.xml",
							audioFile:"",
							audioFileAlt:"",
							audioPlayerIcon:"speaker",
							audioPlayerColor:"#FFFFFF",
							loopAudio:true,
							width:800,
							height:600,					
							autoHideControls:false,
							autoSlideShow:true,
							backgroundVisible:true,
							loadOriginalImages:false,
							slideShowSpeed:6,
							backgroundColor:"#1C1C1C",
							backgroundImage:"",
							scaleBackground:true,
							controlBarAlpha:1,
							controlBarPrimaryColor:"#333333",
							controlBarSecondaryColor:"#CCCCCC",
							slideShowControls:true,
							fullScreenButton:true,
							controlsHideSpeed:2,
							showImageInfos:true,
							showImageIndex:false,
							textColor:"#FFFFFF",
							textBackgroundAlpha:0.5,
							textBackgroundColor:"#000000",
							scaleMode:"scaleCrop"
						});
					}catch(err){}
				}
			});
		</script>
		<div id="SimpleFadeThumbviewJS1288358360546" style="width:800px;height:600px;">
			<object id="SimpleFadeThumbview1288358360546" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="800" height="600">
				<param name="movie" value="SimpleFade.swf">
				<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">
				<param name="bgcolor" value="#1C1C1C">
				<param name="wmode" value="window">
				<param name="flashvars" value="source=source.xml&audioFile=&audioPlayerIcon=speaker&audioPlayerColor=0xFFFFFF&loopAudio=true&autoHideControls=false&autoSlideShow=true&backgroundVisible=true&loadOriginalImages=false&slideShowSpeed=6&backgroundColor=0x1C1C1C&backgroundImage=&scaleBackground=true&controlBarAlpha=1&controlBarPrimaryColor=0x333333&controlBarSecondaryColor=0xCCCCCC&slideShowControls=true&fullScreenButton=true&controlsHideSpeed=2&showImageInfos=true&showImageIndex=false&textColor=0xFFFFFF&textBackgroundAlpha=0.5&textBackgroundColor=0x000000&scaleMode=scaleCrop" />
				<!--[if !IE]>-->
				<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="SimpleFade.swf" width="800" height="600">
				<!--<![endif]-->
					<param name="flashvars" value="source=source.xml&audioFile=&audioPlayerIcon=speaker&audioPlayerColor=0xFFFFFF&loopAudio=true&autoHideControls=false&autoSlideShow=true&backgroundVisible=true&loadOriginalImages=false&slideShowSpeed=6&backgroundColor=0x1C1C1C&backgroundImage=&scaleBackground=true&controlBarAlpha=1&controlBarPrimaryColor=0x333333&controlBarSecondaryColor=0xCCCCCC&slideShowControls=true&fullScreenButton=true&controlsHideSpeed=2&showImageInfos=true&showImageIndex=false&textColor=0xFFFFFF&textBackgroundAlpha=0.5&textBackgroundColor=0x000000&scaleMode=scaleCrop" />
					<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">
					<param name="wmode" value="window">
					<param name="bgcolor" value="#1C1C1C">
				<!--[if !IE]>-->
				</object>
				<!--<![endif]-->
			</object>
		</div>

<!-- Embed code ends here -->

</div>
</body>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 09:07AM by kneo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login