How is source.xml file generated?

Posted by Revolution9 
How is source.xml file generated?
February 04, 2011 01:38AM
This is my first time trying this product. I'm having some problems understanding how the application generates a .xml file. Here is what I'm doing, let me know if you can tell where I'm going wrong.

1. I've created a .fla file using the component generator to place the slideshow box component on my stage. I've resized the component to fit my stage size of 780W x 500H.

2. I've selected a template

3. Under Source, I've imported the sample .xml file and also identified the relative path to my .mp3 file

4. I'm editing the .xml file under the source tab to find my images in the appropriate files.

I click on Test Movie - and I get a blank screen.

It seems obvious that there is no .xml file generated in the directory of my .swf file. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your attention to this problem.
Re: How is source.xml file generated?
February 04, 2011 09:48AM
The panel's functionality isn't to generate a xml file in the directory of the swf file or in any directory.

"4. If the SlideshowBox Component object is selected, the SlideshowBox Panel will display information for that component instance. In the SlideshowBox Panel, set the source (as the URL of your XML file or as the XML data itself)....."
So, in the source tab you just set the path for the xml or give there directly the data needed.
March 13, 2011 07:03PM
I'm also needing help with the above - can you please let me know exactly what I need to type in the source box on the slideshow box panel in flash to make the flash file look at my slides.xml file which is located in the root folder?

Many thanks

Jamie
March 14, 2011 09:06AM
Jamie,

You need to write the path for the slides.xml. The path can be relative or absolute, it's up to you to decide which type you will use.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2011 12:40PM by florodebat.
May 16, 2011 03:32PM
I've done the exact same thing as said above.

I've used the sample xml and then edit it. I uploaded the pictures at photobucket.com and then pasted the direct link into the <largeImagePath>. I've left <thumbnailPath> and <fullScreenImagePath> empty and filled in the description and title.

When I press ctrl+Enter, a grey box appears and nothing more. I also get the error: TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at com.jumpeye.slideshowBox.core::RSSProxy/jsonHandler()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()
May 18, 2011 01:37PM
The component only accepts images from photobocket.com if you use RSS feed instead of source xml. Using the direct link for an image and adding it in the source xml doesn't work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login