Dynamic XML / Database

Posted by Jedra 
Dynamic XML / Database
June 05, 2010 09:38AM
Hi,

I am interested in purchasing this component to make slide-show production a bit quicker. My sites allow users to upload their images to the server and the galleries we have written so far use web service calls to get the data out of an SQL Server database. Is the AS3 code in slideshow box sufficiently exposed so we can change the XML Loaders to use Web Service calls instead?

Alternatively we could re-create the XML dynamically on the server from the database (we use Coldfusion). Does Slideshow Box handle dynamically created XML? I can't see any reason why it wouldn't, but need to ask before making a purchase.

Would the demo version allow us to test this?

Regards
Jedra
Re: Dynamic XML / Database
June 08, 2010 02:37PM
Jedra,

There is an AS3 property that allows to assign the source xml dynamically ( an external xml file, or an AS3 XML object ). Unfortunately I am not sure what do you mean by "Is the AS3 code in slideshow box sufficiently exposed so we can change the XML Loaders to use Web Service calls instead?"
I recommend you to write to the sales department and tell them about the way you want to integrate the component because you may need to get a special license in order to integrate the component dynamically as you described.

[www.jumpeyecomponents.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2010 09:00PM by florodebat.
Re: Dynamic XML / Database
June 09, 2010 12:53AM
OK, thanks for that. If you can pass in an XML object to the slideshow then this will be good enough.
Basically our galleries are stored in an SQL Database (one database for each site) which holds the location and filename of the images. We use a Coldfusion query server side to get this information. It looks like we should be able to return an XML object with the query results via a web service and pass that into the Slideshow.
I'll download the demo and give it a go.

Thanks
Jedra
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login