Customization

Posted by bartpop 
Customization
May 18, 2010 10:44PM
I just purchased Slideshow Box Premium Plus. Looking forward to all the time it's going to save me. I've started playing around with some of the templates and had some questions about whether some of the items are customizable.

On the SimpleGrid template the thumbnails seem to have a transparent white overlay which is removed on MouseOver. I'd prefer to have the thumbnails be appear unaltered, with a colored overlay on MouseOver. Is there a way to configure settings such as this?

Also in Simple Grid, I'm using a 4x4 grid which creates 16 thumbnails. Currently, if there are less than 16 images in the XML file, SlideShowBox inserts a white rectangle. It would be great if the color and/or transparency of empty thumbnails was configurable.

It would be great to add a way to configure the thumbnail size for the Simple Thumbview template.

Finally, one template which would come in handy would be a simple continuous image strip where the end of the images were butted together and the user could scroll through using the navigation buttons, or possibly using the click-and-drag iPhone style functionality. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the great work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2010 05:46PM by bartpop.
Re: Customization
May 20, 2010 02:47PM
bartpop,

Thank you very much for buying our component and for your feedback. Unfortunately the thumbnails colored overly can not be removed. The template was designed to behave like that. The only option you have, is to change the overlay color.

We tried to set the simple Grid template exactly as you said but we are unable to replicate that white rectangle. The template was designed to leave that space empty and not to draw shapes when images are missing. Perhaps you could send us your source files where that issue is clearly replicated . We will test them and let you know what certain is wrong there. Please open a new support ticket in order to send us the source files.

[www.jumpeyecomponents.com]

Also thank you for your template suggestions. We will surely consider it for the next templates and if I am not asking you to much, please take a few minutes to write about your template suggestions in the "Suggest a slideshow" section. Thank you.

[www.slideshowbox.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2011 07:29AM by florodebat.
May 20, 2010 08:36PM

Unfortunately the thumbnails colored overly can not be removed. The template was designed to behave like that. The only option you have, is to change the overlay color.

That would be great. Could you please advise me which parameter controls this overlay.

We tried to set the simple Grid template exactly as you said but we are unable to replicate that white rectangle.

Ah yes, user error. Seems I had some fpo images in my XML file that were causing the problem. Thanks for the simple solution. Everything is working as expected now.
May 21, 2010 02:15PM
bartpop,

I apologize for misleading you. I was wrong when I said that the thumbnails overlay color can be change. That effect is simple obtained by changing the thumbs transparency.
April 04, 2011 06:55PM
I know this thread is quite old - but I really wanted to see how it resolved. It's very important to me to change the thumb transparency - and need some help. I'm using simpleGrid - js version. Thank you!
April 05, 2011 06:48AM
"I apologize for misleading you. I was wrong when I said that the thumbnails overlay color can be change. That effect is simple obtained by changing the thumbs transparency."
Unfortunately, the thumb transparency cannot be controlled.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login